Restaurant



Sunday, February 20, 2011

Taco Bell’s Mystery Meats

Do you ever wonder what is inside a Taco Bell’s nacho or burrito? What kind of meat does it put in its products? When I was a child, I used to go to Taco Bell, a Mexican fast-food restaurant, and ate a Steak Burrito. I remembered the tortilla was smooth, the meat was tender and juicy, and the sauce added a delicious flavor to the whole burrito. When I ate it, I never thought about what kind of meat was in my burrito.

In an article that I have read, Taco Bell is facing a lawsuit because its advertisement does not portray its actual meats from the menu items that are served to its customers. This article says that Taco Bell’s meats are not actually beef and chicken, but “non-meat substances.” Taco Bell is not giving up and will fight against this lawsuit.

Every restaurant’s nightmares are customers’ complaints and lawsuits because it has to spend lots of money to pay for compensations and defend itself from lawsuits. If Taco Bell’s meats are really not what the customers expect, it may lose business by losing its customers’ and their trusts. Words spread around fast; customers who have not heard about this lawsuit from the articles may hear it from their family and friends, and they may not go to Taco Bell anymore. Even though the court has not officially declared the result of the lawsuit, customers fear that the foods may not be healthy for them. Despite the lawsuit, Taco Bell has to find a solution to recover from the loss of its business.

Since we live in an era where technology is growing rapidly, restaurants take advantages of it by improving their services and performances. In Sharon Gaudin's article, she explains that Taco Bell has used Facebook to bring back its customers and their loyalty by giving out coupons, such as a free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco. I think this is a good idea because a restaurant has to gain back their reputation of bringing back its customers.

Currently, I am shocked to hear that Taco Bell’s meats are not what people expect to be. If there is evidence that it uses “non-meat substances”, then I am disappointed in Taco Bell. Even though it is difficult to run a business due to budgets, a restaurant’s responsibilities are to serve delicious and healthy foods to the customers, and do not lose the customers’ loyalty by portraying false advertisements. I hope Taco Bell won’t disappoint me the next time I try its burrito again.

No comments:

Post a Comment